SOLAR ENERGY FOR NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
SAVING NONPROFITS MONEY ON ENERGY EXPENSES
Solar Energy Helps Nonprofits Save Money
Non-profits can realize long-term savings by investing in solar energy. With fixed, predictable energy costs, organizations can streamline budgets to help the communities they serve.
Financing Solar For Nonprofits
Because nonprofits are tax-exempt, they are unable to take advantage of the Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC). And many nonprofits don’t have the funds to install a solar panel system. SunVest Solar helps our nonprofit customers explore all the financing options, including leasing or power purchase agreements (PPA), where allowed.
With a PPA, SunVest builds and owns the system and covers the cost of installation and maintenance for the life of the agreement. We then sell the solar power to the customer at a fixed rate, typically at a lower cost than the local utility.
With a lease agreement, the customer leases solar equipment from SunVest and benefits from the solar power generated. In return, SunVest benefits from the tax credits and incentives available to owners.
Alternatively, a nonprofit might choose to pursue grant funding. SunVest can help identify potential grants and even assist with grant writing. Check out some of our nonprofit projects for more information.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR WORK
- Elkhorn Rural Public Power DistrictCommunity Nebraska Nonprofit Utilities
- Forest County Potawatomi CommunityNonprofit Tribal Wisconsin
- Ho-Chunk NationNonprofit Tribal Wisconsin
- St. Dennis Church Phase IINonprofit Wisconsin
- Vincent High SchoolNonprofit Wisconsin
- St. Paul’s Lutheran ChurchNew York Nonprofit
- Outpost Natural Foods MequonNonprofit Wisconsin
- St. Dennis Church Phase INonprofit Wisconsin
- Attic Angel Senior Living FacilityNonprofit Wisconsin
- Escuela Verde SchoolNonprofit Wisconsin
- Delran School DistrictNew Jersey Nonprofit
- Sokaogon ChippewaNonprofit Tribal Wisconsin
- Beth Israel CenterNonprofit Wisconsin
- Oneida NationNonprofit Tribal Wisconsin