Solar Service Field Technician
JOB TITLE: Solar Service Field Technician
LOCATION: SunVest Solar, Inc. – Pewaukee, WI
SunVest Solar, Inc. is a leading solar developer of distributed-scale solar energy projects. We are looking for a qualified and motivated candidate to fill a Service Field Technician role on our growing team. This opportunity will be based out of SunVest Solar’s headquarters in Pewaukee, WI.
As a service technician, you will be responsible for monitoring, maintenance and repair for photovoltaic systems including report generation, performance analysis and field work.
- Respond to tickets assigned from Asset Management Team
- Routine site maintenance
- Preventative maintenance, including detailed notes, descriptions of issues and photos
- Warranty repair and replacement
- Troubleshooting issues, evaluating alternative options and proposing solutions
- Testing, analyzing, and repairing problems in photovoltaic inverters and monitoring systems, as well as other power electronics of large-scale solar projects
- Maintaining and securing test devices, tools, and assigned vehicles.
- Ensure that service commitments are met within expected response time
- Commercial / industrial electrical experience
- Detailed knowledge of the NEC
- Critical thinking skills in real-time, and the ability to create detailed documentation and assessment of all tasks at hand
- Travel to local and remote sites
- Ability to work with other teams and departments to get the task done
- Detailed knowledge of solar industry best practices
- Electrical experience with commercial photovoltaic installations
- Electrical license
- NABCEP certification or other component specific solar certifications
- Full-time position with competitive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus opportunities, 401(k) and health benefits
- Great opportunity to get work with a well-respected fast-growing company in an up and coming industry
- Opportunity for advancement
Submit your resume and cover letter below
SunVest Solar is part of Neumann’s Family of Companies, with offices in the Midwest and Northeast. As a solar developer, SunVest specializes in large solar projects from start-to-finish including land acquisition, design, development and maintenance. SunVest also aids in financial opportunities, grant writing, federal tax credits for installations and state incentives.