Solar Service Field Technician
JOB TITLE: Solar Service Field Technician
LOCATION: Pewaukee, WI
Solar Service Field Technician – SunVest Solar, Inc. – Pewaukee, WI
SunVest Solar, Inc. is a leading solar developer of distributed-scale solar energy projects. We are looking for a qualified and motivated candidate to fill a Service Field Technician role on our growing team. This opportunity will be based out of SunVest Solar’s headquarters in Pewaukee, WI.
As a service technician, you will be responsible for monitoring, maintenance, and repair for photovoltaic systems including report generation, performance analysis, and fieldwork.
• Respond to tickets assigned from Asset Management Team
• Routine site maintenance
• Preventative maintenance, including detailed notes, descriptions of issues, and photos
• Warranty repair and replacement
• Troubleshooting issues, evaluating alternative options, and proposing solutions
• Testing, analyzing, and repairing problems in photovoltaic inverters and monitoring systems, as well as other power electronics of large-scale solar projects
• Maintaining and securing test devices, tools, and assigned vehicles.
• Ensure that service commitments are met within an expected response time
• Commercial / industrial electrical experience
• Detailed knowledge of the NEC
• Critical thinking skills in real-time, and the ability to create detailed documentation and assessment of all tasks at hand
• Travel to local and remote sites
• Ability to work with other teams and departments to get the task done
• Detailed knowledge of solar industry best practices
• Electrical experience with commercial photovoltaic installations
• Electrical license
• NABCEP certification or other component-specific solar certifications
• Full-time position with competitive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus
opportunities, 401(k) and health benefits
• Great opportunity to get work with a well-respected fast-growing company in an up and coming
• Opportunity for advancement
SunVest Solar is part of Neumann’s Family of Companies, with offices in the Midwest and Northeast. As a solar developer, SunVest specializes in large solar projects from start-to-finish including land acquisition, design, development and maintenance. SunVest also aids in financial opportunities, grant writing, federal tax credits for installations and state incentives.