Solar Project Manager
JOB TITLE: Solar Project Manager
LOCATION: SunVest Solar, Inc. – Pewaukee, WI
SunVest Solar, Inc. is a leading solar developer of distributed-scale solar energy projects. We are looking for a qualified and motivated candidate to fill a Project Manager role on our growing team. This opportunity will be based out of SunVest Solar’s headquarters in Pewaukee, WI.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the direction and execution of new solar construction projects. Projects will include both rooftop and ground mount installations on a commercial and small utility scale level. This person will be involved in multiple roles within the construction process including project management, procurement, permitting, utility interconnection, subcontractor management and supervision of on-site construction managers.
- Work with multiple teams to manage the system design process including initial site evaluations and working closely with engineering team to product quality comprehensive construction plans
- Responsible for utility interconnections process, including submitting applications, keeping applications moving throughout the process to completion, scheduling outages and relevant paperwork submissions
- Procurement for major system components (inverters, racking etc.) including technology evaluation, vendor selection, purchase orders and logistics.
- Manage subcontractors including bidding, selection, negotiation, scheduling and execution.
- Responsible for local approvals including zoning, permitting, Fire Marshall and other local authority
- Oversee and track project schedule, with the ability to make decisions quickly to get projects back-on-track
- Traveling to project site locations and meetings as required
- Experience with communications networks and electrical power systems
- Strategic thinker with ability to prioritize and make quick decisions as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively manage, coordinate and align team members
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to handle concurrent projects and deliver on schedule
- Full-time position with competitive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus opportunities, 401(k) and health benefits
- Great opportunity to get work with a well-respected fast-growing company in an up and coming industry
- Opportunity for advancement
Submit your resume and cover letter below
SunVest Solar is part of Neumann’s Family of Companies, with offices in the Midwest and Northeast. As a solar developer, SunVest specializes in large solar projects from start-to-finish including land acquisition, design, development and maintenance. SunVest also aids in financial opportunities, grant writing, federal tax credits for installations and state incentives.