Solar Project Engineer
JOB TITLE: Solar Project Engineer
LOCATION: SunVest Solar, Inc. – Geneva, IL
SunVest Solar, Inc. is a leading solar developer of distributed-scale solar energy projects. We are looking for a qualified and motivated candidate to fill a project engineering role on our growing development team. This opportunity will be based out of SunVest’s office in Geneva, Illinois.
As a Solar Project Engineer, you will lead technical evaluation of SunVest’s portfolio of distributed and community solar projects.
- Assist SunVest’s development team in evaluating the technical viability of proposed solar sites.
- Manage detailed layout design for SunVest’s development pipeline.
- Evaluate project siting constraints, solar module, inverter, and racking technologies and solar resource data to maximize project value.
- Manage distribution interconnection process and interface with Utilities/regional transmission operators for SunVest’s portfolio.
- Utilize energy production modeling software (PVsyst) to prepare energy production estimates
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts. Participate in landowner meetings, community outreach events.
- Develop scopes for technical services and manage relationships with contractors and third-party engineering firms. Collaborate with third party experts to identify key trends in the industry.
- Interface with solar module, inverter, and racking OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to obtain technical information and stay apprised of technology advancements, pricing, and market trends
- Provide technical support to project development team related to permitting efforts and landowner relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or foreign equivalent, required in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Atmospheric Sciences/Meteorology or other relevant filed.
- At least 2 years’ experience with solar development/engineering
- Experience with PVsyst and ArcGIS preferred
- Familiarity with energy storage technologies a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational software such as Excel, MS Project, etc.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment to meet challenging deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to work independently
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Full-time position with competitive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus opportunities, 401(k) and health benefits
- Great opportunity to get work with a well-respected fast-growing company in an up and coming industry
- Opportunity for advancement
Submit your resume and cover letter below
SunVest Solar is part of Neumann’s Family of Companies, with offices in the Midwest and Northeast. As a solar developer, SunVest specializes in large solar projects from start-to-finish including land acquisition, design, development and maintenance. SunVest also aids in financial opportunities, grant writing, federal tax credits for installations and state incentives.