Solar CAD Designer
JOB TITLE: Solar CAD Designer
LOCATION: SunVest Solar, Inc. – Pewaukee, WI
SunVest Solar, Inc. is a leading solar developer of distributed-scale solar energy projects. We are looking for a qualified and motivated candidate to fill a CAD Designer role on our growing team. This opportunity will be based out of SunVest Solar’s headquarters in Pewaukee, WI.
As a Solar Designer, you will be responsible for designing solar PV system layouts, preparing project drawings and other technical documents used for pitching, permitting and installation. This position will work closely with the development and operations departments.
- Generate client-ready technical solar array drawings for commercial, non-profit, solar farm, and tribal solar projects
- Generate a variety of technical project documents for multiple projects
- Maintain technical library of CAD blocks
- Provide customer support throughout permitting and installation process
- Maintain expert technical knowledge of all SunVest Solar’s products and services
- 2-year degree in technical or related field; or 3-years direct experience; BA/BS in technical field a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational software such as Excel, MS Project, etc.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment to meet challenging deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to work independently
- Experience in solar power industry preferred
- Familiarity with construction drawings preferred
- Full-time position with competitive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus opportunities, 401(k) and health benefits
- Great opportunity to get work with a well-respected fast-growing company in an up and coming industry
- Opportunity for advancement
Submit your resume and cover letter below
SunVest Solar is part of Neumann’s Family of Companies, with offices in the Midwest and Northeast. As a solar developer, SunVest specializes in large solar projects from start-to-finish including land acquisition, design, development and maintenance. SunVest also aids in financial opportunities, grant writing, federal tax credits for installations and state incentives.