Project Finance Manager
JOB TITLE: Project Finance Manager
LOCATION: Pewaukee, WI
SunVest Solar, LLC. is a leading solar development company, helping utilities, commercial building owners, non-profit organizations, Tribes, and landowners invest in sustainable solar energy. We enable our customers to become sustainable while reducing their carbon footprint. We are looking for a qualified and motivated candidate to fill a Project Finance Manager position in our Pewaukee, WI office.
In the Project Finance Manager role, you will be part of a team responsible for taking projects from the development team, raising capital for construction, and securing permanent financing and tax equity investors as we maintain ownership of the operating asset. This position includes portions of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Finance and Treasury functions. This position requires an awareness of the solar industry, market dynamics, project financing and detailed cashflow trends & forecasting. Candidate will work cross-functionally: with accounting department to assemble and sort relevant data; development team to understand pipeline; legal team to review upcoming business transaction; finance team to ensure capital to complete the project, all to ensure that all financial risks are managed appropriately. You will prepare models of financial information and meet with company management to discuss financing strategies and budgetary needs.
- Analyze tax equity investor, construction loan and permanent debt underwriting recommendations for project financing of solar projects.
- Be a central figure in debt and tax equity raising initiatives and due diligence, working closely with investors & lenders and their counsel & consultants.
- Generate detailed forecasts, financial plans, financial statements, project capital expenditures, IRR and sensitivity analyses.
- Review and analyze purchase and sale contracts, program incentives, leases, operating statements, proposals, and bids to understand project requirements.
- Compile budgetary and financial data from different divisions to analyze project performance and profitability.
- Understand 3rd party reporting requirements and compliance post-closing, including funding milestones and covenant reporting.
- Forecast company cash needs and availability based off consolidated project requirements and capital stack funding timing.
- Forecast tax implications based on various ownership structures and deal terms.
- Compare actual operating results to annual budget and estimates in original project assumptions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years of financial analyst experience.
- Renewable, solar, real estate or banking experience a plus.
- Knowledge of capital markets.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently.
- Highly motivated, organized, diligent, detailed, and hard working.
- Full-time position with competitive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus opportunities, 401(k) and health benefits
- Great opportunity to get work with a well-respected fast-growing company in an exciting industry
Job Type: Full-time
Submit your resume and cover letter below
SunVest Solar is part of Neumann’s Family of Companies, with offices in the Midwest and Northeast. As a solar developer, SunVest specializes in large solar projects from start-to-finish including land acquisition, design, development and maintenance. SunVest also aids in financial opportunities, grant writing, federal tax credits for installations and state incentives.